Impact21 is a pioneering education to employment work readiness initiative that is specially designed for people living with Down syndrome and intellectual disabilities.
Impact21 aims to meet the learning and employability needs of people living with Down syndrome by providing a tailored experience where young people come together to:
- continue their learning and development with a focus on building their employability skills
- improve their health and fitness
- train for real jobs with employers that are committed to inclusive work practices
- network and build social and professional connections
- train for a job that is paid, meaningful and sustainable
Impact21 is being launched in two stages.
Stage one is the launch of the Impact21 Pilot, a 12 month short version of the full Impact21 initiative, and it commences in February 2019.
Stage two is the launch of the full scale Impact21 initiative, which commences in February 2020.